OPENING THURSDAY 16th JULY AT 10 AM !
OPENING 16TH JUNE AT 10AM
We are delighted to announce that in line with the current government guidelines we will be reopening The Royal George Hotel on Thursday 16th July at 10am.
The hotel will open to guests for Accommodation, Breakfast, Morning Coffee, Lunch (12-2pm) Afternoon Tea (2-4pm) and High Tea (4-8pm). Owing to the large amount of space we have available, will may also be able to cater for larger groups, socially distanced in our Ballroom or Restaurant. Please call to discuss.
Our reservations team are waiting to help with any enquiry you may have or to check future availability but please bear with us as we are taking a large volume of calls and we are not yet back to full staffing capacity - thank you. Our reception can be contacted in the normal way, either on the telephone via 01738 624455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having difficulty getting through please leave a message on the phone or email and include your name and telephone number, and the date and time you wish to book, and for how many people, and we will get back to you to confirm your booking.
Until further notice there will not be any access to our gym, and we will not be offering dinner at the moment.
The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance, therefore you'll notice the following subtle changes on your next visit;
- We have decided that despite a reduction in the guidlines, all of our public tables serving food, will be kept at a minimum 2m distance.
- All of our social distancing signage is yellow and black in order to make it as easy and hassle free for our customers to follow.
- There are sanitizing stations at all entry and exit points, at the reception desk and bar. We politely ask you to use them on entry and exit of the building.
- Doors and windows will, where possible, be held open to allow a reduction in contact points, and increased ventilation around the building.
- You will see perspex screens in place at the reception, at the bar and at the restaurant greeting point.
The above measures are designed to keep everyone as safe as possible, and thankfully as we are blessed with large public areas, we are confident that any disruption will be kept to a minimum.
Over the past weeks we have worked to follow the new guidelines and make the necessary adjustments to trade in a manner that is safe and responsible for both our staff and patrons. In order to fulfil the adjustments, we have set out our specific plan below.
We are looking forward to welcoming you all back and whilst observing our new safety measures, aim to create the same friendly atmosphere and service we are known for.
On behalf of everyone at The Royal George, thank you for your patience, and all the messages of support over the last few difficult months.
You can book your stay online at https://theroyalgeorgehotel.co.uk by calling our reception on 01738 624455 or via email at email@example.com
The following procedures are for your peace of mind prior to your stay however, we are happy to talk you through any concerns.
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your visit. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough and loss of taste and smell.
- We strongly recommend that you download the government-approved track and tracing app to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
Arrival & Check-in
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough and a loss of taste and smell.
- We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines, we have in place to protect you and our teams. These signs are all in yellow and black. Please do your best to follow the instructions as per the signage.
- Any guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at entry and exit points, at the reception desk and the cocktail bar. Customers are politely asked to sanitise their hands before entering and exiting the hotel.
- Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience, note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash.
- Reception areas have been reconfigured where necessary and marked out to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times.
- All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day.
- We have heightened and enhanced our cleaning procedures to include extensive cleaning of shared surfaces throughout the day.
- We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you use these when entering and exiting the hotel.
- We have equipped our customer toilets with sanitising hand wash at the basins, as well as contact-free hand dryers.
- To avoid overcrowding and unnecessary contact we ask that guests who are staying with us to use the bathrooms in their bedrooms where possible.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance between yourself and other guests.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture are sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linens and towels are professionally washed on high heat, with added sanitisation.
- All printed material has been removed from your room to avoid cross-contamination.
- Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
- Daily servicing by our housekeeping team will only be available upon request, should you require this service, rooms will need to be vacant and personal items including toiletries stowed away.
Food & drink
- When you stay with us you can dine in your room or in the designated dining areas. Evening dining times will be agreed with you during your guest relation call prior to arrival, we respectfully request that guests endeavour to adhere to times to ensure flow and guest safety at all times.Please note we are currently offering our High Tea menu in lieu of dinner.
- We have extended our dining spaces to ensure all diners are a minimum of 2 meters apart.
- We are able to offer flexible table configurations dependent upon your household size. For larger groups we will be offering private dining facilities, please contact reception for further information.
- We will be offering a breakfast bag delivered to your door for you to enjoy during your stay. This allows us to manage social distancing, and greatly reduce potential contact.
- To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar instead, we will offer a full table service throughout the hotel's bars, restaurants, lounges and to bedrooms.
- We have created separate entry and exit points to our restaurants where possible, limiting contact and maintaining a social distance between all guests and our teams.
- We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- We have equipped our bathrooms with sanitising hand wash at the basins, contact-free hand dryers.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry and exit points to use and should be used every time you enter or exit dining areas.
- We will only be accepting credit and debit cards at this time.
- A printed room bill will be placed under your door early on the morning of check out.
- To check out, all you need to do is leave your key in your room and we will automatically take payment for any extras using the debit or credit card details we hold on file, should you have any queries in relation to your bill, please call and speak to reception from your room.
- If you did not book directly with the hotel, you will need to supply an email address to the reception team, if you require a copy of your bill.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before leaving the hotel.
Staff: Training, Hygiene and Protection
- All of our staff will undergo comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19 before we open. We will continue to elevate our training as best practices evolve.
- Any staff member who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points, at the reception desk, the lounge bar and back of house for our team to use.
This document is subject to the latest guidelines. We will be constantly reviewing our processes and precautions. This guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information.